There’s a tagline you won’t hear often! We naturally gravitate towards the path of the least resistance. This is ironic because that sometimes leads to us ignoring “the little things” that accumulate in our lives. This actually causes us to function in a state of overwhelm for extended periods. It also clutters our space which means that, eventually, it’s like there’s no more space for us. That’s why we propose a few simple tips to declutter your life and make space for yourself.
The good news is we can start detoxing and decluttering right now. It really begins with taking a stand against what doesn’t serve you. Taking the time to cut the small things from your life will stop them from turning into “big” things. Now, speaking from experience, we know that decluttering can be overwhelming at first, but even one small item will make a huge difference!
Kind Reminder: The clearer and more organised your inner and outer spaces become, the easier it will be to hear the whispers from your Inner Self that wants to live abundantly!
Some Ideas to Start Decluttering
Here are a few ideas that you can consider for decluttering your life. There are simple ways in which you can declutter not only your work space but also your body, mind and soul (or spirit). Decluttering and letting go allows us to appreciate what is really good for us, or replace it with something that will be.
Declutter Your body
- Fast for a day or drink green juices.
- Cut back on sugars.
- Drink at least 5 – 8 glasses of water.
- Eat less of that thing you’re actually allergic to.
Declutter Your environment
- Clear out your closet or a room in your house – love it, use it or get rid of it.
- Clear away unused books on your bedstand
- Consider getting rid of dried flowers.
- Freshen up your desk space.
- Declutter your digital life – Delete apps you don’t use, emails you don’t need, and bookmarks you aren’t going to read.
- Total detox from screen time – especially at night.
- Set time boundaries and only use your phone intentionally.
- Consider ending outmoded relationships and emotional connections draining you.
- Say no – Yes, it is that easy.
- Carve out at least 10 minutes each day for quiet time, meditation, or prayer. (Or a few 5 minute breaks in-between your schedule)
- 3 minutes of Coherence breathing to get into a calm-focus state.
- Release and let go of negative feelings, negative self-talk, and negative attitude.
- Forgive, forgive, forgive.
A word of Encouragement: We’re also decluttering our lives at the moment, to make space for something fresh and better, and we’re sticking to changing one thing at a time. One thing for our body, one thing for our mind, one thing for our environment, and one thing for our soul. It’s going great and we already feel more focused, relaxed, and much less overwhelmed. Of course, you can be radical and make massive shifts all at once, but you can also just start small and watch it expand!
If you like what you’re reading, it’s your lucky day! We have a host of other Audio’s & Articles that you might like! Go check them out!
Just want to Connect with us? We’d love that!